Safety is and always will be the first priority in all our activities.
We are committed to implementing, developing and improving strategies, management systems and processes to ensure that all our aviation and non-aviation activities uphold the highest level of safety performance and meet national and international standards.
We are committed to:
- Developing, embedding and practicing a safety culture across our entire aviation activities that recognizes the importance and value of effective aviation safety management and acknowledges at all times, that safety is paramount
- Providing appropriate human and material resources, and an enabling environment to ensure effective implementation of safety management system (SMS)
- Defining clearly for all staff their accountabilities and responsibilities for the development and delivery of safe practices and procedures
- Providing our staff with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training to enable them implement safety strategies, policies and uphold the Safety Management System
- Ensuring sufficiently skilled and trained staff is available and who are fully competent in aviation matters
- Complying with and wherever possible exceeding legislative, regulatory and corporate requirements and standards
- Reducing risks of, and taking actions to mitigate the consequences of an accident or incident to a level that is deemed an “Acceptable Level of Safety”
- Ensuring externally supplied systems and services that affect the safety of our aviation operations meet appropriate regulatory and safety standards
- Establishing and measuring our aviation safety performance against objectives and/or targets
- Fostering a learning environment by which we learn from incidents and accidents, our experiences and the experiences of others
- Regularly conducting safety and management reviews leading to improved processes
- Actively developing and improving our safety performance to conform to best in class safety standards.
We shall work to achieve these commitments by:
- Recognizing the health and safety of employees, customers and the general public as a primary consideration when providing services
- The application of human factor principles in the development and execution of procedures
- The adoption of legal and regulatory requirements as the absolute minimum basis on which to promote continued development of services
- Acknowledging that effective security measures have to be maintained at all facilities to assure continuity of service and safety
- Understanding that quality of service is the responsibility of each and every individual at the Aircraft or Terminal and that it would be pursued by combination of; dissemination of related information, planning, monitoring, auditing, and statistical analysis
- Encouraging open communication and reporting of ALL operations and maintenance related errors or incidents and accidents
- Monitoring the performance in achieving policy objectives and undertaking effective corrective and preventive action to remedy any deficiencies
- Holding the Accountable Manager responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented by the Terminal and all sub-contractors that are under Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2 direct control. This responsibility will be exercised through the direction of the Terminal Management Team
- Mandating that individual would always act with safety in mind, for we all have a responsibility to work in a safe manner. The application of effective aviation safety management systems and processes is integral to all our aviation activities. Our objectives is to achieve the highest level of aviation safety standards and performance.