Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two (MMA2) is the first and only privately-funded, as well as Nigeria’s preeminent terminal.
VISION: To become a dominant airport operator bringing world class standard to the aviation industry in West and Central Africa.
MISSION: To develop and operate world class airport terminals in Nigeria and beyond.
CORE VALUES: Job Ownership, Integrity and Discipline, Customer Care, Pursuit of Excellence.
WHY IS MMA2 THE TERMINAL OF CHOICE?
We are the first choice because of our state-of-the-art facilities, soft services, excellent airline and passenger services, seamless passenger facilitation that gives our customers an unforgettable experience and fantastic relationship management.
MMA2 remains the first major Public-Private Partnership (PPP) project of its kind in the area of infrastructure development in Nigeria that has successfully been completed by an indigenous company. It also boasts of the first and largest Multi-Storey Car Park (MSCP) in Lagos, Nigeria’s economic nerve centre. The MSCP can conveniently accommodate over 800 cars at any point in time.
Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL) has remained committed to providing first class services and maintaining the highest standard of professionalism through continuous investment in power generation, passenger facilitation and modern technology.
These technological innovations include the Common Users Passenger Processing System (CUPPS), self-service check-in kiosks, automated access gates and the Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS). MMA2 is the first and only terminal to deploy such in Nigeria, West and Central Africa. As part of the continuous upgrade of our facilities, we specifically undertook the following capital-intensive projects:
- We changed all the check-in counters and scales. We increased their number from 31 to 45. The design and manufacturing was done by the same company providing services for Amsterdam, Schiphol and other major international airports. We choose them for their quality of workmanship and products
- The computers at the check-in desks were changed and each computer is connected to a brand new boarding pass and baggage tag printers
- Each airline has a ticket barcode scanner to call up the tickets immediately and without any keyboard input to accelerate the check-in process
- For passengers traveling without bags, we have purchased and installed 4 self-check-in kiosks.
- We have increased the security features at MMA2 by installing e-gates at the security screening point. This makes it virtually impossible for an unauthorized person to access restricted boarding zone
- Each gate is equipped with a boarding pass scanner and new manifest printer.
The installation of Passenger Tracking System (PAXTRACK) makes it possible to:
- Restrict access to certain zone based on the boarding pass
- Analyze the peaks and make it easier for us to plan resources
- Locate a passenger within the terminal and enable the boarding agent to have a better on-time performance
- Also, the installation of a full BRS makes us one of airport terminals in the continent to offer an automated baggage reconciliation system as prescribed by ICAO.
In addition, the system helps in providing baggage tags and boarding passes.
These facilities, which are entirely customer-focused, offer various benefits to airlines, ground handlers, security officials, terminal managers and most importantly, air travellers.
MMA2 is also home to top-of-the-range restaurants and retail outlets, offering wide variety of exclusive items, including some of the world’s most prestigious fashion labels and beauty products.
The philosophy behind MMA2 was totally a different ball game. It was designed to ensure our customers and their clients experience the same level of service and technologies similar to what is obtainable worldwide. These include:
- Uninterrupted electricity supply
- Serviceable equipment like escalators, panoramic lifts and continuous upgrade of the same
- Latest check-in system
- Good choice of restaurants, shops and other services, such as banks, ATMs, pharmacies, shopping malls and supermarket, among others
- Automated Multi-Storey Car Park (MSCP)
- Well-equipped clinic and ambulance to cater for emergency.
All of these are in a clean and serene environment.
In addition, we are also the only airport terminal with our own Cargo Shed.
Our modest contribution to the development of local ‘aviators’ is impressive. About 200 of our Aviation Security Staff (AVSEC) are International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant. They have obtained relevant certification in Aviation Security as recommended by ICAO. We have organized training, seminars for our staff in Airport Customer Service and these were anchored by International Air Transport Association (IATA) instructors. Our managers have undergone relevant seminars and workshops in Airport Commercial Management, also offered by IATA. As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility, we sponsored teachers from the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria, to attend relevant aviation trainings.
This has portrayed MMA2 operators as major contributors to the general development of the Nigerian aviation industry and the economy as a whole.
Our approach to safety and security is second to none in the nation’s aviation industry, just as our commitment to customer service stands unrivalled. Furthermore, in contrast to the prevalent poor maintenance culture in Nigeria, Bi-Courtney has consistently managed to keep the terminal in topmost shape.
MMA2 has been described as one of the two cleanest places in the entire Lagos metropolis by a top official of the Lagos State Government and former Commissioner for the Environment. It was also voted the number one Airport Terminal in the country in 2014 and in the first quarter of 2015 in an independent survey commissioned by the Ministry of Aviation. MMA2 has won several other awards in recent years.
Its pre-eminence in the nation’s aviation industry is hinged on its distinct features with unparalleled state-of-the-art facilities, including a terminal building, a multi-storey car park, an apron and a cargo shed, among others.
The terminal boasts of a fully-equipped clinic that is open to all terminal users. It also organizes facility visits for pupils of primary and secondary schools, who are taken on guided tours of all the facilities at the airport to encourage science education among children.
MMA2 has an obvious passenger and airline demand and currently handles over 50 flights a day to different destinations in Nigeria.
"MMA2 represents considerable cerebral input into very modest resources"
Dr. Wale Babalakin, Chairman, The Resort Group
Social Media Updates
- Nigeria and the cost of ignorance 06/26/2019
- Drive-In Movie at MMA2: A blend of style and innovation 05/03/2019
- S’Court Backs BI-Courtney, AMCON to Pay N132bn 04/24/2019
- MMA2 Employee of the Month: Celebrating brilliance, stimulating sound work culture 04/03/2019
- Bi-Courtney Has A Valid 36 Year Concession on MMA2 03/05/2019